Full. Stuffed. Filled to the brim. Grateful. That is how I would describe me after the GFAF expo in Dallas a week ago. (Yes I realize I am late on this…blog came second to the paperwork involved in buying a house!!) I conned my boyfriend into accompanying me to the Glutenfreepalooza as he so lovingly called it. The food sensory overload kicked in after visiting about two booths! So many vendors and snacks to try, I can’t possibly name them all!! I will simplify and mention my favorite moments/foods of the weekend….
1. This sticker from Way Better Snacks. GF IS MY BFF!!! Also their Red Pepper chips were delish (and the samples I got I didn’t even to eat thanks to the BF, which means they are awesome because he isn’t GF).
2. These cinnamon rolls from Sevierly Good GF. Moist, sweet and did not taste GF. AT. ALL. They are available on the website for $7.50 for the mix. Chocolate brownie was also stellar. BF also gave this two thumbs up.
3. Getting to try products that I normally am too cheap to buy just in case they taste nasty. For example, Kinnikinnick Foods donuts and bagels. I have been eyeing these bad boys at Sprouts for months but haven’t been able to fork out the $6 for donuts. I tried them at the expo and am sold! I think that’s the glorious part of the whole thing; getting to the opportunity to try foods and decide if you like them before paying hard earned money.
(Forgive my god-awful camera skills, I was probably shaking with excitement from eating these!! Also I feel like a weirdo sometimes taking bazillions of pictures)
4. HOLY CRAP cereal. The company welcomed us to the expo and gave us a free bag of the non-GMO, GF goodness. I would give you my review of the stuff, but the boyfriend also ate the entire bag of Dragon Blend. He’s a meat and potatoes, favorite food is Tombstone pizza kinda guy, so him eating the whole bag says it all. It’s full of protein, fiber and omegas and made with fruit, buckwheat, chia seeds and hemp hearts. MMMMM.
5. Getting double snacks because I brought my boyfriend to fill his bag up too. 🙂 I had to buy a plastic bucket to put all my snacks and goodies in at home. So far, I’m loving the NoGii Chocolate Coconut the best.
6. Leaving the GFAF Expo early to meet this sweet angel!! 🙂 I got to visit one of my besties, Abigail afterward. (I really didn’t want to take that sticker off!!)
Can’t wait to do it again next year!!